Training and Technical Assistance
Training and technical assistance prepares vocational rehabilitation agencies and their community partners to empower people with disabilities to enter the vocational rehabilitation process and support them as they progress toward their employment goals.
Why is it needed?
People with disabilities who live in communities with depressed economies face many challenges to finding and maintaining employment, including access to:
- Employment opportunities
- Job search supports and services
- Employability skills training
- Appropriate counseling practices
- Financial Literacy Training
- Work Incentives Benefits Counseling
- Integrated and comprehensive services
Lack of access to these opportunities, supports, and services results in fewer people with disabilities participating in available vocational rehabilitation services that could result in achieving career goals and maintain quality employment.
How Does it Work?
Training and technical assistance gives agencies and organizations strategies and insights to better deliver appropriate services and comprehensive supports to people with disabilities. Training and technical assistance topics include:
- Service delivery systems
- Employment opportunities expansion
- Evidence-based counseling strategies
- Employment skills and supports
- Money and benefits management
Want to know more about how this employment strategy can be incorporated into your work? Check out these resources:
Watch webcasts to gain valuable information that will help improve employment outcomes and quality of employment for people you serve.
- Poverty and Disability – An Overview
- Connecting Disability, Poverty, and Employment: Virginia VR's Experience
- Building Relationships with Employers
- Innovative Job Placement Strategies
- Financial Empowerment
- Work Incentive Planning Services
- The Problem of Unemployment among Social Security Disability Beneficiaries
Selected Tools and Resources
This tool and resources offer information to support your practice.
Project E3’s research summaries provide an “At-a-Glance” overview the latest research findings, as well as recommendations for best practices and how to incorporate them in your work.
Strategy Use in Targeted Communities
All of the Project E3 Targeted Communities provided Training and Technical Assistance: