Date recorded: June 27, 2019
Understanding Substantial Gainful Activity can help you better serve your consumers. In this webcast you’ll learn to identify and describe the factors Social Security considers during SGA determinations, as well as the work incentives that can be applied to reduce countable earned income during SGA determinations.
Webcast and Additional Resources
- Work incentives that allow beneficiaries to test their ability to work without losing cash payments
- Work incentives that allow beneficiaries to get benefits back if work stops
- The Extended Period of Medicare Coverage (EPMC) which allows beneficiaries to retain Medicare
Watch The Whole Series:
- Part 6: Supporting Beneficiaries to Take the Next Step Toward Employment
- Part 5: Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Work
- Part 4: Understanding the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program
- Part 3: Title II Disability Benefits and Work
- Part 2: Introduction to Social Security Disability Benefit Programs
- Part 1: The Problem of Unemployment Among Social Security Disability Beneficiaries
Technical Assistance Liaison
Work Incentives Planning & Assistance National Training and Data Center (WIPA – NTDC)
Do you have a question about the webcast?