Members of the Project E3 Team presented at the fall Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR) Conference held October 29 and 31 in Long Beach California.
This presentation highlighted the mission driven nature of VR to focus on customers’ needs, including those living in regions with high-levels of poverty and lack of resources. Changes in policies, procedures, or practices were highlighted in the panel discussion with State VR Directors to highlight those agencies that are embracing and implementing innovation within their organizations.
The presentation also highlighted successful partnerships that leverage other services provided in communities to drive successful employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities.
More about the Presentation
- Kenneth C. Hergenrather, Ph.D., CRC, Professor of Counseling, Graduate School of Education and Human Development, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
- DJ Ralston, MA, Senior Research Associate, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
- John C. Walsh, M.Ed., CRC, Project Manager of VRTAC-TC, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA
- David Leon, Ticket to Work Manager, Grants & Special Programs, Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services.
- Kyle K. Walker, MRC, CRC, CPM, Division Director of Consumer Services, South Carolina Commission for the Blind.
- Brandi C. Bowen, Program Director, New Orleans Regional AIDS Planning Council (NORAPC).
- Angel C. Hale, Director of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Oregon Commission for the Blind